About this book
This book examines the use of herbal medicine in the treatment of intractable diseases as well as common health problems. Given the stringent quality control of herbal medicine such as Kampo and reproducibility of preclinical findings, together with overall fewer adverse events, its attractiveness continues to rise, and multi-component herbal medicine capable of targeting multiple sites can be useful for future drug discovery. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, this collection features practical advice for hands-on work in this exciting and expansive field.
Authoritative and easily applicable, Herbal Medicines: New Horizons summarizes the current state and translational aspect of herbal medicine in modern society in order to help establish a rational therapy for patients.
Complementary medicine Alternative medicine Quality of life Traditional Chinese medicine Japanese Kampo Kampo diagnosis Medicinal herbs
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-4002-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-4000-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-4002-8
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- About this book