Table of contents
About this book
Exploring the 2-D gel mapping field, the chapters in this book are separated into four different categories: Part I talks about 2-D maps reproducibility and maps modeling; Part II describes the image analysis tools that provide spot volume datasets; Part III is about the statistical methods applied to spot volume datasets to identify candidate biomarkers; and Part IV discusses differential analysis from direct image analysis tools. 2-D PAGE Map Analysis: Methods and Protocols provides a unique approach to 2-D gel mapping, in that it helps users avoid drawbacks due to ignorance of the basic theoretical mechanisms underlying the technique, including data handling and proper tools for spot analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, 2-D PAGE Map Analysis: Methods and Protocols, is a useful resource for any scientist or researcher, with a mathematical background, who is interested in 2-D gel mapping.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3255-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3254-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3255-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site