About this book
Finite resources will mean profound changes for society in general and the energy-intensive lifestyles of the US and Canada in particular. But not all regions are equally vulnerable to these 21st-century megatrends. Are you ready to look beyond “America’s Most Livable Cities” to the critical factors that will determine the sustainability of your municipality and region? Find out where your city or region ranks according to the forces that will impact our lives in the next years and decades.
Find out how:
·resource availability and ecological services shaped the modern landscape
·emerging megatrends will make cities and regions more or less livable in the new century
·your city or region ranks on a “sustainability” map of the United States
·urban metabolism puts large cities at particular risk
·sustainability factors will favor economic solutions at a local, rather than global, level
·these principles apply to industrial economies and countries globally.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3243-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Copernicus, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3242-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3243-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site