About this book
This thorough volume aims to provide pharmaceutical engineers with an introduction to the current state of the art in modeling and simulation of pharmaceutical processes and to summarize a number of practical applications of relevant methodologies in drug product development. Chapters include explorations of simulation and modeling methodologies, data collection and analysis, development of novel sensing techniques, development and integration of individual unit models, optimization approaches for data-based models, design space evaluation techniques, informatics-based methodologies, and emerging topics in pharmaceutical process development. As a part of the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, the chapters contain the kind of detail and implementation advice that will make the transition into the laboratory as smooth as possible.
Authoritative and cutting edge, Process Simulation and Data Modeling in Solid Oral Drug Development and Manufacture seeks to promote research into process systems methodologies and their application in pharmaceutical product and process development, which will undoubtedly become an increasingly important area in the future.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2996-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2995-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2996-2
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- About this book