Table of contents
About this book
This volume presents a comprehensive collection of methods that have been instrumental to the current understanding of bacterial persisters. Chapters in the book cover topics ranging from general methods for measuring persister levels in Escherichia coli cultures, protocols for the determination of the persister subpopulation in Candida albicans, quantitative measurements of Type I and Type II persisters using ScanLag, to in vitro and in vivo models for the study of the intracellular activity of antibiotics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Bacterial Persistence: Methods and Protocols brings together the most respected researchers in bacterial persistence whose studies will remain vital to understanding this field for many years to come.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2854-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2853-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2854-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site