About this book
This work covers legume crop origins and evolution, genetic resources, breeding achievements, specific goals and techniques, including the potential and actual integration of new technologies. The vast amount of knowledge collected in this volume should not only serve researchers, but breeders and academics as well. The text provides plant breeders with new scientific information, and familiarizes molecular biologists with the peculiarities of breeding of the main grain legume species.
The first part of the text consists of crop-specific chapters devoted to the most produced and consumed worldwide grain legume crops. The second part includes five cross chapters covering topics that relate to these crops. These chapters have been written by the world's leading breeders and scientists, representing a wide experience in their crops and topics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2797-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2796-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2797-5
- Series Print ISSN 2363-8478
- Series Online ISSN 2363-8486
- Buy this book on publisher's site