About this book
This volume has been assembled for scientists interested in basic and applied biomedical research directed toward understanding the development, genetics, and function of cardiomyocytes. The methods and protocols contained within it address cell culture techniques, cardiomyocyte differentiation and redifferentiation, experimental induction of cardiomyopathies, introducing genes into cardiomyocytes, genomic approaches to the understanding cardiomyocytes, cryopreservation of neonatal cardiomyocytes, and modeling of cardiomyocyte function. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and current, Cardiomyocytes: Methods and Protocols explores complimentary areas of cardiomyocyte science that, taken together, can inform individuals with a broad range of interests.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2572-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2571-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2572-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book