Table of contents
About this book
This title reviews in-depth research on accretion on all scales, from galactic binaries to intermediate mass and supermassive black holes. Possible future directions of accretion are also discussed. The following main themes are covered: a historical perspective; physical models of accretion onto black holes of all masses; black hole fundamental parameters; and accretion, jets and outflows. An overview and outlook on the topic is also presented.
This volume summarizes the status of the study of astrophysical black hole research and is aimed at astrophysicists and graduate students working in this field.
Originally published in Space Science Reviews, Vol 183/1-4, 2014.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2227-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2226-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2227-7
- Series Print ISSN 1385-7525
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences