About this book
This volume presents a comprehensive overview of the latest advances in basic and translational research in the field of reconstructive transplantation and its potential therapeutic implications. Dr. Thomas E. Starzl and Dr. Raimund Margreiter, both pioneers in the field of transplantation, have written forewords for the book.
The volume spans such topics as skin rejection, immune monitoring, stem cell-based immunomodulatory strategies, costimulatory blockade, tolerance induction, chronic rejection, ischemia reperfusion injury, nerve regeneration, cortical reintegration, and small and large animal models for reconstructive transplantation. The book is intended for biomedical researchers and basic scientists in the field of reconstructive transplantation, transplant immunology and regenerative medicine, as well as clinicians, surgeons and multidisciplinary specialists, who are practicing or interested in this novel and exciting field. Postgraduate fellows and students will also find it a valuable reference.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2071-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2070-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2071-6
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- About this book