Table of contents
About this book
In Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis expert investigators detail modern tools to enhance discovery in bone and cartilage biology and promote translational research in osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. New chapters describe methods to generate induced pluripotent stem cells, perform high-throughput chromatin analysis, assess loads on bone cells in vivo and in vitro, use state-of-the art imaging techniques to measure articular cartilage thickness and biochemical properties, and establish animal models of osteoarthritis and bone healing. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis shares successful techniques that can be applied to the study of either disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1619-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1618-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1619-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site