About this book
Protein Design: Method and Applications, Second Edition expands upon the previous edition with current, detailed ideas on how to approach a potential protein design project. With new chapters on metals as structure-forming elements and functional sites, the design and characterization of fluorinated proteins, top-down symmetric deconstruction and the design of protein libraries and novel or repurposed enzymes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biologyseries format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Thorough and intuitive, Protein Design: Method and Applications, Second Edition provides a number of practical protocols and instructive reviews to aid in the creation of new experiments.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1486-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1485-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1486-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book