About this book
Non-vesicular intracellular cholesterol transport is an important mechanism for maintaining membrane cholesterol homeostasis. Recent reports of studies directed at soluble cholesterol transport proteins indicate that aberrant expression of the START proteins may contribute to disease states associated with disorders in cholesterol homeostasis. This is an exciting new direction in the field and the purpose of this book will be to highlight the current research directed at potential roles for the START family in diabetes, cancer, and atherogenesis.
This book also provides a personal and historical perspective of the discovery-to-publication journey that the authors had for their particular START domain family member. The goal will be to provide perspectives to graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and endocrinology fellows on the research discovery process.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1112-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1111-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1112-7
- About this book