About this book
This volume addresses recent developments in weed science. These developments include conservation agriculture and conservation tillage, climate change, environmental concerns about the runoff of agrochemicals, resistance of weeds and crops to herbicides, and the need for a vastly improved understanding of weed ecology and herbicide use. The book provides details on harnessing knowledge of weed ecology to improve weed management in different crops and presents information on opportunities in weed management in different crops. Current management practices are also covered, along with guidance for selecting herbicides and using them effectively.
Written by experts in the field and supplemented with instructive illustrations and tables, Recent Advances in Weed Management is an essential reference for agricultural specialists and researchers, government agents, extension specialists, and professionals throughout the agrochemical industry, as well as a foundation for advanced students taking courses in weed science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1019-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1018-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1019-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site