Table of contents
About this book
Yeast Protocols, Third Edition presents up-to-date advances in research using yeasts as models. Chapters cover topics such as basic protocols in yeast culture and genomic manipulation, protocols that study certain organelles such as mitochondria and peroxisomes and their functions in autophagy, and assays commonly used in yeast-based studies that can be adapted to other organisms. As the first sequenced living organism, budding yeast S. cerevisiae and other model yeasts have helped greatly in life science research. The easy switch between the haploid and diploid state makes yeast a paradigm of genetic manipulation. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Yeast Protocols, Third Edition seeks to serve both professionals and novices with newly-developed protocols to study this essential model organism.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0799-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0798-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0799-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book