About this book
This volume examines the role of oxidative stress in the pathology of numerous pediatric disorders. It covers a wide range of topics including the chemistry and biology of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide, molecular biology of the enzymes generating these species, clinically useful biomarkers for evaluating oxidative stress status in humans, and the pathophysiology, clinical course and management of a variety of pediatric disorders, among others. The book also describes current diagnostic tools, laboratory methods and technology for treatment and prevention of pediatric disorders. It explores emerging technology and medical applications including discussions of biomarkers and antioxidants as therapeutic agents.
Written by an international team of experts in both pediatrics and free radical and antioxidant research, Studies on Pediatric Disorders is an invaluable addition to the Oxidative Stress in Applied Basic Research and Clinical Practice series.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0679-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0678-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0679-6
- Series Print ISSN 2197-7224
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7232
- About this book