About this book
This book is a guide to taking part in meetings and negotiations, and to the socializing required before and after such events. If you are a non-native English speaker, with an intermediate level and above, and you work for a company with international relations, then this book is the solution to all your English problems!
Four main topics are covered:
4. How to understand fast-speaking native English speakers
This book is designed to be used like a manual or user guide - you don't need to read it starting from page 1. Like a manual it has lots of short subsections, and is divided into short paragraphs with many bullet points. This is to help you find what you want quickly and also to assimilate the information as rapidly and as effectively as possible. The book concludes with a chapter of useful phrases.
There is an introduction for trainers on how to teach the skills required for meetings, negotiations and socializing in Business / Commercial English.
Adrian Wallwork is the author of over 30 books aimed at helping non-native English speakers to communicate more effectively in English. He has published 13 books with Springer Science+Business Media.
Other books in this Professional English series:
Email and Commercial Correspondence
CVs, Resumes, and LinkedIn
User Guides, Manuals, and Technical Writing
Presentations, Demos, and Training Sessions
Telephone and Helpdesk Skills
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0632-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0631-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0632-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site