Table of contents
About this book
Herpes Simplex Virus: Methods and Protocols provides a wide collection of protocols employed in various levels of herpes virus research, including basic protocols on growing viruses in cell culture and cloning, manipulating, and preparing viral DNA. Other chapters describe approaches to design and apply HSV-1 vectors for vaccination, cancer and gene therapy, or to study specific aspects of HSV-1 biology such as latency, intracellular transport, and protein-protein interaction. Procedures for structural analyses, microscopy, proteomics, and testing of antivirals are included as well. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and authoritative, Herpes Simplex Virus: Methods and Protocols will aid new researchers in the field of herpes virology as well as those experienced investigators wishing to embark on new techniques.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0428-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0427-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0428-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book