About this book
Laser Scanning Microscopy and Quantitative Image Analysis of Neuronal Tissue brings together contributions from research institutions around the world covering pioneering applications in laser scanning microscopy and quantitative image analysis and providing information about the power and limitations of this quickly developing field. This detailed volume seeks to introduce key questions, to provide detailed information on how to acquire data by laser-scanning microscopy, and to examine how to use the often huge digital data set in an efficient manner to extract maximum information. Thus the book not only provides a compilation of diverse protocols but aims to bring together biological bench work, laser scanning microscopy, and mathematical, computer-assisted data analysis to grasp novel insights of form, dynamics, and interactions of microscopy-sized biological objects. Written in the popular Neuromethods series format, chapters include the kind of practical implementation advice that promises successful results.
Wide-ranging and innovative, Laser Scanning Microscopy and Quantitative Image Analysis of Neuronal Tissue will stimulate the reader to make efficient use of the application of laser scanning microscopy for his or her own research question.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0381-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0380-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0381-8
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site