About this book
Privileged Attack Vectors details the risks associated with poor privilege management, the techniques that threat actors leverage, and the defensive measures that organizations should adopt to protect against an incident, protect against lateral movement, and improve the ability to detect malicious activity due to the inappropriate usage of privileged credentials.
This revised and expanded second edition covers new attack vectors, has updated definitions for privileged access management (PAM), new strategies for defense, tested empirical steps for a successful implementation, and includes new disciplines for least privilege endpoint management and privileged remote access.
- Know how identities, accounts, credentials, passwords, and exploits can be leveraged to escalate privileges during an attack
- Implement defensive and monitoring strategies to mitigate privilege threats and risk
- Understand a 10-step universal privilege management implementation plan to guide you through a successful privilege access management journey
- Develop a comprehensive model for documenting risk, compliance, and reporting based on privilege session activity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-5914-6
- Copyright Information Morey J. Haber 2020
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-5913-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-5914-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site