About this book
Develop applications for the big data landscape with Spark and Hadoop. This book also explains the role of Spark in developing scalable machine learning and analytics applications with Cloud technologies. Beginning Apache Spark 2 gives you an introduction to Apache Spark and shows you how to work with it.
Along the way, you’ll discover resilient distributed datasets (RDDs); use Spark SQL for structured data; and learn stream processing and build real-time applications with Spark Structured Streaming. Furthermore, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Spark ML for machine learning and much more.
After you read this book, you will have the fundamentals to become proficient in using Apache Spark and know when and how to apply it to your big data applications.
- Understand Spark unified data processing platform
- Use and manipulate RDDs
- Deal with structured data using Spark SQL
- Build real-time applications using Spark Structured Streaming
- Develop intelligent applications with the Spark Machine Learning library
Big Data Apache Spark Spark No SQL HDFS MapReduce Scala Spark Data Frames Hadoop
- Book Title Beginning Apache Spark 2
- Book Subtitle With Resilient Distributed Datasets, Spark SQL, Structured Streaming and Spark Machine Learning library
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3579-9
- Copyright Information Hien Luu 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4842-3578-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4842-3579-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 393
- Number of Illustrations 86 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Buy this book on publisher's site