Table of contents
About this book
You will learn everyday tasks ranging from basic system administration—partitioning and mounting filesystems, software installation, network configuration, working from the command line) — to Bourne shell scripting, using graphical applications, as well as fanciful things such as emulation layers for Windows and Linux and virtualization with VirtualBox.
It’s now 50 years since the creation of Unix but it is still growing. As Unix now moves to everyone's OS (open-source FreeBSD/Linux), it is the perfect time to start your journey with Beginning Modern Unix as your guide.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3528-7
- Copyright Information Manish Jain 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3527-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3528-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site