About this book
Learn to use the Java Persistence API (JPA) and other related APIs as found in the Java EE 8 platform from the perspective of one of the specification creators. A one-of-a-kind resource, this in-depth book provides both theoretical and practical coverage of JPA usage for experienced Java developers.
Authors Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol and Massimo Nardone take a hands-on approach, based on their wealth of experience and expertise, by giving examples to illustrate each concept of the API and showing how it is used in practice. The examples use a common model from an overarching sample application, giving you a context from which to start and helping you to understand the examples within an already familiar domain.
After completing Pro JPA 2 in Java EE 8, you will have a full understanding of JPA and be able to successfully code applications using its annotations and APIs. The book also serves as an excellent reference guide.
- Use the JPA in the context of enterprise applications
- Work with object relational mappings (ORMs), collection mappings and more
- Build complex enterprise Java applications that persist data long after the process terminates
- Connect to and persist data with a variety of databases, file formats, and more
- Use queries, including the Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Carry out advanced ORM, queries and XML mappings
- Package, deploy and test your Java persistence-enabled enterprise applications
JPA Java Persistence Java Persistence ORM object relational Hibernate Java EE 8 J2EE enterprise EJB JavaBeans components Oracle software code source
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-3420-4
- Copyright Information Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol, Massimo Nardone 2018
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-3419-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-3420-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site