About this book
Spring REST is a practical guide for designing and developing RESTful APIs using the Spring Framework. This book walks you through the process of designing and building a REST application while taking a deep dive into design principles and best practices for versioning, security, documentation, error handling, paging, and sorting.
This book provides a brief introduction to REST, HTTP, and web infrastructure. You will learn about several Spring projects such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, and Spring Security and the role they play in simplifying REST application development. You will learn how to build clients that consume REST services. Finally, you will learn how to use the Spring MVC test framework to unit test and integration test your REST API.
After reading this book, you will come away with all the skills to build sophisticated REST applications using Spring technologies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-0823-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-0824-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-0823-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site