About this book
Filled with over 150 essential, practical recipes that empower Unix users to regain lost time
spent creating and testing shell scripts. The majority of scripts included are POSIX-compliant
and supported by many of the major shell variants, including Bash, ksh, and sh.
Each real-world example recipe follows the same problem-solution structure, meaning
cross-referencing is easy and fast. Recipe topics include file conversion (DOS, UNIX, and
Mac), system administration, resource monitoring, filename management, complex date
calculations, screen control capabilities, and much more.
Completely updated for this second edition and taking all the changes of the past ten
years into account, every recipe in this book is now relevant for a modern audience. Authors
Chris Johnson’s and Jayant Varma’s code is clear, direct, and applicable. Add this excellent
reference to your library today.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-0220-3
- Copyright Information Apress 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-0221-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-0220-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site