Table of contents
About this book
SQL Server T-SQL Recipes is an example-based guide to the Transact-SQL language that is at the core of SQL Server. This edition has been lightly updated for SQL Server 2014 and provides ready-to-implement solutions to common programming and database administration tasks. Learn to create databases, create in-memory tables and stored procedures, insert and update data, generate reports, secure your data, and more. Tasks and their solutions are broken down into a problem/solution format that is quick and easy to read so that you can get the job done fast when the pressure is on.
Solutions in this book are divided into chapters by problem domain. Each chapter is a collection of solutions around a single facet of the language such as writing queries, managing indexes, error handling, and query performance. Each solution is presented code-first, giving you a working code example to copy from and implement immediately in your own environment. Following each example is an in-depth description of how and why the given solution works. Tradeoffs and alternative approaches are also discussed.
- Focused on solutions: Look up what you need to do. Learn how to do it. Do it.
- Current: Lightly updated for SQL Server 2014
- Comprehensive: Covers all common T-SQL problem domains
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4842-0061-2
- Copyright Information Apress 2015
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4842-0062-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4842-0061-2
- About this book