About this book
Phylogenetic analysis and morphometrics have been developed by biologists into rigorous analytic tools for testing hypotheses about the relationships between groups of species. This book applies these tools to paleontological data.
The fossil record is our one true chronicle of the history of life, preserving a set of macroevolutionary patterns; thus various hypotheses about evolutionary processes can be tested in the fossil record using phylogentic analysis and morphometrics.
The first book of its type, Fossils, Phylogeny, and Form will be useful in evolutionary biology, paleontology, systematics, evolutionary development, theoretical biology, biogeography, and zoology. It will also provide a practical, researcher-friendly gateway into computer-based phylogenetics and morphometrics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-0571-6
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York 2001
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4613-5137-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4615-0571-6
- Series Print ISSN 0275-0120
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences