About this book
This book presents as its main subject new models in mathematical neuroscience. A wide range of neural networks models with discontinuities are discussed, including impulsive differential equations, differential equations with piecewise constant arguments, and models of mixed type. These models involve discontinuities, which are natural because huge velocities and short distances are usually observed in devices modeling the networks. A discussion of the models, appropriate for the proposed applications, is also provided.
This book also:
Explores questions related to the biological underpinning for models of neural networks\
Considers neural networks modeling using differential equations with impulsive and piecewise constant argument discontinuities
Provides all necessary mathematical basics for application to the theory of neural networks
Neural Networks with Discontinuous/Impact Activations is an ideal book for researchers and professionals in the field of engineering mathematics that have an interest in applying these systems to computational problems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8566-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8565-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8566-7
- Series Print ISSN 2195-9994
- Series Online ISSN 2196-0003
- Buy this book on publisher's site