About this book
Pathological Myopia is a major cause of severe vision loss worldwide. The mechanisms for vision loss include cataract, glaucoma, retinal detachment, and above all, degeneration of the macula within the posterior staphyloma. Pathological Myopia is one of the only current books to specifically address this disease and discusses recent developments in imaging technologies and various approaches to treatments, such as laser photocoagulation, photodynamic therapy, pharmaco-therapeutic injections in the vitreous, and surgery.
Complete with high-quality color images, this book is written and edited by leaders in the field and is geared towards ophthalmologists, including residents and fellows in training, glaucoma and cataract specialists, and vitreoretinal macula experts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8338-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8337-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8338-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site