Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive guide to procuring, utilizing and monetizing intellectual property rights, tailored for readers in the high-tech consumer electronics and software industries, as well as technology startups. Numerous, real examples, case studies and scenarios are incorporated throughout the book to illustrate the topics discussed. Readers will learn what to consider throughout the various creative phases of a product’s lifespan from initial research and development initiatives through post-production. Readers will gain an understanding of the intellectual property protections afforded to U.S. corporations, methods to pro-actively reduce potential problems, and guidelines for future considerations to reduce legal spending, prevent IP theft, and allow for greater profitability from corporate innovation and inventiveness.
• Offers a comprehensive guide to intellectual property for readers in high-tech consumer electronics, software and technology startups;
• Uses real case studies to illustrate concepts covered;
• Discusses most recent changes to the U.S. patent laws, such as the America Invents Act;
• Describes specifics of protections offered, as well as benefits and shortcomings of each type;
• Provides guidance on IP implementation, procedures for protecting IP and which types of protections are necessary.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-7912-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-7911-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-7912-3
- About this book