About this book
The understanding of genetic material (DNA/RNA) and its manipulation by scientists has provided the opportunity to improve crucifers by increasing its diversity beyond conventional genetic limitations. The application of the biotechnological techniques will have major impacts in two ways: first, it provides a number of techniques/methods for efficient selection for favorable variants and second, it gives an opportunity to utilize alien variation available in the crucifers by using the novel techniques of biotechnology to develop high yielding varieties with good nutritional quality, having resistance to insect, pest, and disease resistance.
Biotechnology of Crucifers will benefit students, nutritionists, and biotechnologists, as well as researchers engaged in improvement of Brassicas.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-7795-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-7794-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-7795-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site