Table of contents
About this book
The efficient management of a consistent and integrated database is a central task in modern IT and highly relevant for science and industry. Hardly any critical enterprise solution comes without any functionality for managing data in its different forms.
Web-Scale Data Management for the Cloud addresses fundamental challenges posed by the need and desire to provide database functionality in the context of the Database as a Service (DBaaS) paradigm for database outsourcing. This book also discusses the motivation of the new paradigm of cloud computing, and its impact to data outsourcing and service-oriented computing in data-intensive applications. Techniques with respect to the support in the current cloud environments, major challenges, and future trends are covered in the last section of this book. A survey addressing the techniques and special requirements for building database services are provided in this book as well.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6856-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6855-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6856-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site