Table of contents
About this book
This book reviews and examines the quality assurance systems of Library and Information Science (LIS) education in a variety countries and regions, including Asia, North America, Latin America and Europe.
Globalization of education has caused the number of LIS professionals working in every region of the world to increase greatly. In order to be qualified as an LIS professional worldwide as well as in a local area, it is imperative that there exists a global standard of quality assurance systems for LIS practitioners. This book provides such a standard and ranks specific systems and educational programs worldwide.
With contributions from leading researchers and scholars in a variety of regions across the globe, this book will prove an invaluable resource for professionals and educators of LIS education.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6495-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6494-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6495-2
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods