About this book
This book describes an alternative method of accurate on-chip frequency generation in standard CMOS IC processes. This method exploits the thermal-diffusivity of silicon, the rate at which heat diffuses through a silicon substrate. This is the first book describing thermal-diffusivity-based frequency references, including the complete theoretical methodology supported by practical realizations that prove the feasibility of the method. Coverage also includes several circuit and system-level solutions for the analog electronic circuit design challenges faced.
· Surveys the state-of-the-art in all-silicon frequency references;
· Examines the thermal properties of silicon as a solution for the challenge of on-chip accurate frequency generation;
· Uses simplified modeling approaches that allow an electronics engineer easily to simulate the electrothermal elements;
· Follows a top-down methodology in circuit design, in which system-level design is promoted by behavioral simulations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6473-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6472-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6473-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site