Table of contents
About this book
This book provides contemporary examples of the ways in which educators can use digital technologies to create effective learning environments that support improved learning and instruction.
Guided by multiple conceptual and methodological traditions evolving primarily from the learning sciences and instructional technology communities, the book offers readers a myriad of technologic innovations and supplies concrete solutions to anyone looking to foster deep understanding, collaboration, creativity, invention, and reflection in both formal and informal learning settings .
Emerging mobile and networked technologies specifically designed to extend student learning and foster student engagement beyond the confines of the classroom are provided along with tangible guidelines for their implementation and incorporation.
This book will prove an invaluable resource to researchers, teacher educators and anyone actively seeking to support student-directed learning through a focused engagement with new media literacies .
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4696-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-4695-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-4696-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods