About this book
This book focuses on the microarchitecture of network-on-chip routers from a designer’s perspective, providing ready-to-use solutions for simple and more sophisticated design cases. All aspects of the design of a network-on-chip router, including flow control, buffering architectures, arbitration and allocation, as well as pipelined organizations, are presented in detail. The authors provide numerous detailed examples and practical abstract models, when necessary. Router micro-architectural options are presented in a step-by-step manner, beginning from basic design principles. Even highly sophisticated design alternatives are categorized and broken down to simpler pieces that can be understood easily and analyzed. This book is an invaluable reference for system, architecture, circuit, and EDA researchers and developers, who are interested in understanding the overall picture of network-on-chip routers' microarchitecture, the associated design challenges, and the available solutions.
· Covers all aspects of the microarchitecture of Network-on-Chip routers;
· Justifies and explains every design choice that is presented in a ready-to-use manner following a designer’s perspective;
· Describes performance-enhancing features in a step-by-step manner;
·Includes detailed examples presenting the flow of information inside the router on a cycle-by-cycle basis, highlighting the operation of each part under regular or worst-case traffic scenarios.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4301-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-4300-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-4301-8
- About this book