About this book
This book describes the fundamentals of data acquisition systems, how they enable users to sample signals that measure real physical conditions and convert the resulting samples into digital, numeric values that can be analyzed by a computer. The author takes a problem-solving approach to data acquisition, providing the tools engineers need to use the concepts introduced. Coverage includes sensors that convert physical parameters to electrical signals, signal conditioning circuitry to convert sensor signals into a form that can be converted to digital values and analog-to-digital converters, which convert conditioned sensor signals to digital values. Readers will benefit from the hands-on approach, culminating with data acquisition projects, including hardware and software needed to build data acquisition systems.
· Describes fundamentals of data acquisition in an accessible manner;
· Takes a problem-solving approach to the topic, offering a hands-on guide for practicing engineers;
· Addresses new data acquisition techniques for design in order to implement the concepts described in advanced electronics;
· Includes real data acquisition projects, describing hardware and software needed to build data acquisition systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4214-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-4213-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-4214-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site