About this book
Airbreathing Propulsion covers the physics of combustion, fluid and thermo-dynamics, and structural mechanics of airbreathing engines, including piston, turboprop, turbojet, turbofan, and ramjet engines. End-of-chapter exercises allow the reader to practice the fundamental concepts behind airbreathing propulsion, and the included PAGIC computer code will help the reader to examine the relationships between the performance parameters of different engines. Large amounts of data on many different piston, turbojet, and turboprop engines have been compiled for this book and are included as an appendix.
This textbook is ideal for senior undergraduate and graduate students studying aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3532-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3531-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3532-7
- Series Print ISSN 1869-1730
- Series Online ISSN 1869-1749
- Buy this book on publisher's site