Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses the opportunities offered by disruptive technologies to overcome the economical and physical limits currently faced by the electronics industry. It provides a new methodology for the fast evaluation of an emerging technology from an architectural perspective and discusses the implications from simple circuits to complex architectures. Several technologies are discussed, ranging from 3-D integration of devices (Phase Change Memories, Monolithic 3-D, Vertical NanoWires-based transistors) to dense 2-D arrangements (Double-Gate Carbon Nanotubes, Sublithographic Nanowires, Lithographic Crossbar arrangements). Novel architectural organizations, as well as the associated tools, are presented in order to explore this freshly opened design space.
- Describes a novel architectural organization for future reconfigurable systems;
- Includes a complete benchmarking toolflow for emerging technologies;
- Generalizes the description of reconfigurable circuits in terms of hierarchical levels;
- Assesses disruptive logic blocks, using functionality-increased and density-increased devices.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3058-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3057-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3058-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site