About this book
Formula 1 racing drivers, figher pilots, astronauts - G forces are an integral part of their lives
- How do racing drivers sustain high G loads and not pass out?
- What accelerative forces are unleashed when a fighter pilot ejects from a high-performance jet?
- What is it like being launched into space and what are the effects on astronauts living in zero G on board the International Space Station?
- How do aircraft simulate zero G?
Pulling G gives a unique insight into how G forces affect people working inthe high and low G environments. It examines the risks of high and low acceleration and explains the physiology of surviving in these environments. The history of G-related research is described, together with present-day and future development of methods to cope with the effects of increased and reduced G.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3030-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3029-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3030-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods