Table of contents
About this book
This book introduces techniques that advance the capabilities and strength of modern software tools for physical synthesis, with the ultimate goal to improve the quality of leading-edge semiconductor products. It provides a comprehensive introduction to physical synthesis and takes the reader methodically from first principles through state-of-the-art optimizations used in cutting edge industrial tools. It explains how to integrate chip optimizations in novel ways to create powerful circuit transformations that help satisfy performance requirements.
- Broadens the scope of physical synthesis optimization to include accurate transformations operating between the global and local scales;
- Integrates groups of related transformations to break circular dependencies and increase the number of circuit elements that can be jointly optimized to escape local minima;
- Derives several multi-objective optimizations from first observations through complete algorithms and experiments;
- Describes integrated optimization techniques that ensure a graceful timing closure process and impact nearly every aspect of a typical physical synthesis flow.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1356-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1355-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1356-1
- Series Print ISSN 1876-1100
- Series Online ISSN 1876-1119
- About this book