About this book
This book presents innovative solutions for the implementation of Sigma-Delta Modulation (SDM) based Analog-to-Digital Conversion (ADC), required for the next generation of wireless hand-held terminals. These devices will be based on the so-called multistandard transceiver chipsets, integrated in nanometer CMOS technologies. One of the most challenging and critical parts in such transceivers is the analog-digital interface, because of the assorted signal bandwidths and dynamic ranges that can be required to handle the A/D conversion for several operation modes.
This book describes new adaptive and reconfigurable SDM ADC topologies, circuit strategies and synthesis methods, specially suited for multi-standard wireless telecom systems and future Software-defined-radios (SDRs) integrated in nanoscale CMOS. It is a practical book, going from basic concepts to the frontiers of SDM architectures and circuit implementations, which are explained in a didactical and systematic way. It gives a comprehensive overview of the state-of-the-art performance, challenges and practical solutions, providing the necessary insight to implement successful design, through an efficient design and synthesis methodology. Readers will learn a number of practical skills – from system-level design to experimental measurements and testing.
- Provides tutorial presentation of innovative SDM-based solutions for the next generation of wireless telecom systems;
- Presents a systematic design methodology, based on the combined use of optimization and behavioral simulation;
- Gives practical guidelines on the architecture selection, sizing, and electrical implementation of several SD ICs integrated in nanometer CMOS;
- Provides readers with a comprehensive overview of the basics, state-of-the-art performance, applications, challenges and solutions.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-0037-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-0036-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-0037-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site