Table of contents
About this book
This book is concerned with the associated issues between the differing paradigms of academic and organizational computing infrastructures. Driven by the increasing impact Information Communication Technology (ICT) has on our working and social lives, researchers within the Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) field try and find ways to situate new hardware and software in rapidly changing socio-digital ecologies.
Adopting a design-orientated research perspective, researchers from the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies (EUSSET) elaborate on the challenges and opportunities we face through the increasing permeation of society by ICT from commercial, academic, design and organizational perspectives.
Designing Socially Embedded Technologies in the Real-World is directed at researchers, industry practitioners and will be of great interest to any other societal actors who are involved with the design of IT systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6720-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-6719-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-6720-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1496
- Buy this book on publisher's site