About this book
Provides a comprehensive overview and introduction to the concepts, methodologies, analysis, design and applications of metasynthetic computing and engineering. The author:
- Presents an overview of complex systems, especially open complex giant systems such as the Internet, complex behavioural and social problems, and actionable knowledge discovery and delivery in the big data era.
- Discusses ubiquitous intelligence in complex systems, including human intelligence, domain intelligence, social intelligence, network intelligence, data intelligence and machine intelligence, and their synergy through metasynthetic engineering.
- Explains the concept and methodology of human-centred, human-machine-cooperated qualitative-to-quantitative metasynthesis for understanding and managing open complex giant systems, and its computing approach: metasynthetic computing.
- Introduces techniques and tools for analysing and designing problem-solving systems for open complex problems and systems.
Metasynthetic Computing and Engineering of Complex Systems uses the systematological methodology in addressing system complexities in open complex giant systems, for which it may not only be effective to apply reductionism or holism. The book aims to encourage and inspire discussions, design, implementation and reflection of effective methodologies and tools for computing and engineering open complex systems and problems. Researchers, research students and practitioners in complex systems, artificial intelligence, data science, computer science, and even system science, cognitive science, behaviour science, and social science, will find this book invaluable.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6551-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-6550-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-6551-4
- Series Print ISSN 1610-3947
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8441
- Buy this book on publisher's site