Table of contents
About this book
Cloud computing is no-longer a novel paradigm, but instead an increasingly robust and established technology, yet new developments continue to emerge in this area.
Continued Rise of the Cloud: Advances and Trends in Cloud Computing captures the state of the art in cloud technologies, infrastructures, and service delivery and deployment models. The book provides guidance and case studies on the development of cloud-based services and infrastructures from an international selection of expert researchers and practitioners. A careful analysis is provided of relevant theoretical frameworks, practical approaches, and current methodologies.
Topics and features:
- Presents a focus on security and access control mechanisms for cloud environments, analyses standards and brokerage services, and investigates the role of certification for cloud adoption
- Evaluates cloud ERP, suggests a framework for implementing “big data” science, and proposes an approach for cloud interoperability based on compliance and conformance
- Reviews existing elasticity management solutions, discusses the relationship between cloud management and governance, and describes the development of a cloud service capability assessment model
- Examines cloud applications in higher education, including the use of knowledge-as-a-service in the provision of education, and cloud-based e-learning for students with disabilities
This authoritative text/reference is essential reading for students, lecturers and researchers seeking insight into the cutting edge of cloud computing. Software developers, enterprise architects and IT infrastructure managers will also find this work to be both useful and enlightening.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6452-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-6451-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-6452-4
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8433
- About this book