Table of contents
About this book
The benefits associated with cloud computing are enormous; yet the dynamic, virtualized, distributed and multi-tenant nature of the cloud environment presents many challenges.
To help tackle these challenges, Cloud Computing: Methods and Practical Approaches provides illuminating viewpoints and helpful case studies, supplied by an international selection of pre-eminent authorities from both industry and academia. This comprehensive text/reference presents both state-of-the-art research developments and practical guidance on approaches, technologies and frameworks for the emerging cloud paradigm.
Topics and features:
- Presents the state of the art in cloud technologies, infrastructures, and service delivery and deployment models
- Discusses relevant theoretical frameworks, practical approaches and suggested methodologies
- Offers guidance and best practices for the development of cloud-based services and infrastructures, and examines management aspects of cloud computing
- Reviews consumer perspectives on mobile cloud computing and cloud-based enterprise resource planning
- Explores software performance testing, open-source cloudware support, and assessment methodologies for modernization, migration and pre-migration
- Describes emerging new methodologies relevant to the cloud paradigm, and provides suggestions for future developments and research directions
This timely volume is ideal for use both as a primer/textbook for students of cloud computing, and as a professional reference for software architects, infrastructure specialists and other cloud practitioners. A program of study for a 12-week teaching semester is suggested in the Preface.
Dr. Zaigham Mahmood is a researcher at the University of Derby UK, a Senior Technology Consultant at Debesis Education, and Foreign Professor at NUST Islamabad, Pakistan. His other publications include the successful Springer books Cloud Computing for Enterprise Architectures and Software Engineering Frameworks for the Cloud Computing Paradigm.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5107-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5106-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5107-4
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- About this book