About this book
The study of computational social networks (CSNs) is an emerging interdisciplinary field, concerned with the intersection of social behavior and computer systems.
Due to the dynamic and ever-evolving nature of social networks, it can be difficult to comprehend the connections and influence between users. However, visualization techniques can aid the understanding of how these networks function. This comprehensive text/reference is the third of three volumes that illustrate the concept of social networks from a computational point of view. The book contains contributions from a international selection of world-class experts, with a specific focus on knowledge discovery and visualization of complex networks (the other two volumes review Tools, Perspectives, and Applications, and Security and Privacy in CSNs).
Topics and features:
- Includes a thorough introduction to this exciting and blossoming field
- Presents the latest advances in CSNs, and illustrates how organizations can gain a competitive advantage from a better understanding of complex social networks
- Discusses the design and use of a wide range of computational tools and software for social network analysis
- Describes simulations of social networks, and the representation and analysis of social networks, highlighting methods for the data mining of CSNs
- Provides experience reports, survey articles, and intelligence techniques and theories relating to specific problems in network technology
This authoritative work is a useful resource for researchers and developers involved in social network research and related issues. Postgraduate and senior undergraduate students will also find this a valuable reference for courses on CSNs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4054-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4053-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4054-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site