Table of contents
About this book
Obesity is a relatively new and controversial field of medicine. Some of the controversies surrounding obesity can be dismissed as myths, others reveal the lack of consensus and comprehensive knowledge which exist in obesity and its complex relationship with diabetes and other serious long-term conditions.
Controversies in Obesity takes the unique approach of assessing the controversies surrounding obesity, thus seeking to debunk the myths and highlight and explore the genuine science, whilst demonstrating areas where there is healthy debate.
This book will appeal to primary care physicians, trainees and specialist nurses involved in care of the obese patient, and would be of interest to anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the complex nature of obesity and its management.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2834-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-2833-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-2834-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site