About this book
In order to build successful video processing systems, it is important to consider not only traditional image processing methods, but also techniques which account for temporal aspects.
This Introduction to Video and Image Processing presents the fundamental concepts and methods in an unique, easy-to-read style which ensures the material is accessible to a wide audience. Exploring more than just the basics of image processing, the text provides a specific focus on the practical design and implementation of real systems for processing video data.
Topics and features:
- Includes more than 100 exercises, as well as C-code snippets of the key algorithms
- Equips the reader with a solid foundation for understanding and working with images and video, including basic methods for image manipulation and image analysis
- Covers topics on image acquisition, color images, point processing, neighborhood processing, morphology, BLOB analysis, segmentation in video, tracking, geometric transformation, and visual effects
- Requires only a minimal understanding of mathematics
- Presents two chapters dedicated to applications, in which the different methods are applied in real systems, supported by further application examples at an associated website
- Provides a guide to defining suitable values for parameters in video and image processing systems, and to conversion between the RGB color representation and the HIS, HSV and YUV/YCbCr color representations
This concise and easy-to-follow textbook/reference is an ideal introduction to the subject for both first-year engineering students and for non-engineering students without a strong mathematical background. Suitable for self-study, professionals outside of the field will also find the work an excellent overview of the basics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2503-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-2502-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-2503-7
- Series Print ISSN 1863-7310
- Buy this book on publisher's site