About this book
This book is a product of an emerging interdisciplinary field that is bringing photonic communications to address many of the challenges associated with scaling computing systems performance. In addressing this cross-disciplinary topic the book bridges the gap among the devices, tools, and architectures for realizing photonic interconnection networks in future computing. This book provides:
- A comprehensive discussion on the usage and integration of silicon photonics interconnect technologies, including distinct properties of key photonic devices and recent engineering breakthroughs.
- Design methodologies for photonic links and the three main classes of photonic network-on-chip architectures applicable to future computing systems.
- A presentation of the design tools and simulation environment used to characterize photonic interconnection network architectures and evaluate the impact on computing performance.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-9335-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-9334-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-9335-9
- Series Print ISSN 1558-9412
- About this book