About this book
High Impact Data Visualization with Power View, Power Map, and Power BI helps you take business intelligence delivery to a new level that is interactive, engaging, even fun, all while driving commercial success through sound decision-making. Learn to harness the power of Microsoft’s flagship, self-service business intelligence suite to deliver compelling and interactive insight with remarkable ease. Learn the essential techniques needed to enhance the look and feel of reports and dashboards so that you can seize your audience’s attention and provide them with clear and accurate information. Also learn to integrate data from a variety of sources and create coherent data models displaying clear metrics and attributes.
Power View is Microsoft's ground-breaking tool for ad-hoc data visualization and analysis. It's designed to produce elegant and visually arresting output. It's also built to enhance user experience through polished interactivity. Power Map is a similarly powerful mechanism for analyzing data across geographic and political units. Power Query lets you load, shape and streamline data from multiple sources. PowerPivot can extend and develop data into a dynamic model. Power BI allows you to share your findings with colleagues, and present your insights to clients.
High Impact Data Visualization with Power View, Power Map, and Power BI helps you master this suite of powerful tools from Microsoft. You'll learn to identify data sources, and to save time by preparing your underlying data correctly. You'll also learn to deliver your powerful visualizations and analyses through the cloud to PCs, tablets and smartphones.
- Simple techniques take raw data and convert it into information.
- Slicing and dicing metrics delivers interactive insight.
- Visually arresting output grabs and focuses attention on key indicators.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-6617-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2014
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-6616-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-6617-4
- About this book